qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] configure fails if path contains spaces

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] configure fails if path contains spaces
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 21:10:45 +0000

On 28 October 2014 20:33, Liviu Ionescu <address@hidden> wrote:
> I tried to build from git and configure fails, since the current
> path contains spaces (a common situation on OS X).

Two options here:
 (1) don't do that, then
 (2) submit a patch to fix things

I suspect (2) will turn out to be somewhere between painful
and impossible, because we hand the absolute path of the
source tree around in the makefiles a fair bit, and make
is notoriously bad at dealing with spaces in filenames.
I could be wrong though, so feel free to have a go at fixing
it if you like.

(I do mac builds in my home directory so the path is something
like /Users/pm215/src/qemu/.)

thanks
-- PMM