qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] slirp-smb broken with Samba 4.1

From: Michael Tokarev
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] slirp-smb broken with Samba 4.1
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 00:43:22 +0400

On 10/24/2014 11:58 PM, Michael Tokarev wrote:

> My 4.1.11 version tries to open /var/log/samba/log.smbd.bin file and
> gives up.  After I created that file and chowned it to me it works.

(that .bin comes from /me renaming smbd to smbd.bin to run it under
strace from a tiny shell wrapper under original name).

I just sent a small patch which adds a command-line switch to smbd.
It looks like if smbd needs to log something before it parses smb.conf,
it will log to /var/log/samba/log.$progname, but if that fails smbd
will exit.

And together with samba4 something else has been upgraded on my
system (or maybe samba started to load/init more stuff), so now when
smbd loads its libraries and initializes stuff it tries to warn about
obsolete name /etc/pkcs11/modules/gnome-keyring-module and does that
_before_ reading smb.conf.

That patch makes my samba to work.

So my conclusion about missing inetd mode was wrong.

But I really wonder if we should run a helper script to set things
up instead of hardcoding it all into qemu binary...  It is so much
easier to modify and debug the script.

> What error are you getting when run it as root?

Is there anything else missing on your side?

/mjt