qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Migration of AArch64 VM

From: Alex Bennée
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Migration of AArch64 VM
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 13:47:13 +0100

Yash Nandkeolyar <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> We are trying to migrate an AArch64 VM using Qemu version 2.1(latest). I
> tried with Live and Offline migration. However, same error is observed in
> both cases:
>
> qemu-system-aarch64: Unknown migration flags: 0
>
> qemu: warning: error while loading state section id 2
> qemu-system-aarch64: load of migration failed: Invalid argument

TCG or KVM based AArch64?

IIRC for TCG migration we are just missing the correct handling of the
saved program state register (SPSR) for A64. My pstate re-factoring
patches included the support for TCG.

For KVM we currently don't correctly serialise GIC state so things fall
over in there are active IRQs while migration is underway. There have
been some kernel patches experimented with for this but currently still
needs debugging.

> Does current version of Qemu have migration support for AArch64?
> Or is there some other issue?

Not currently - but patches are about. I can CC you when I send the next
set out if you want.

--
Alex Bennée