qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] pending target-mips patches

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] pending target-mips patches
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 17:32:14 +0100

On 1 October 2014 16:35, Leon Alrae <address@hidden> wrote:
> I noticed that it's quite difficult to get target-mips changes
> reviewed/accepted. There is already a queue of relatively big features
> and bug fixes which are stuck for months. Does anyone have an idea how
> to improve this situation? Wouldn't it help to have a target-mips
> co-maintainer assisting Aurelien?

I agree that an active co-maintainer for target-mips would
be a good idea. Is anybody volunteering? (Are you? :-))

If somebody wants to take on this job, a good first start
would be to assemble a git tree of patches which have got
code review (ie which have accumulated at least one
reviewed-by tag and aren't the subject of on-list
disagreement about whether they're correct), test it, and
submit it as a pull request (in the right format, and with
your signed-off-by lines on the patches and any reviewed-by
or acked-by lines from the list)... If somebody does that
I will take a look at the result and if I'm happy with it
I'll apply them.

thanks
-- PMM