qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL for-2.1 0/3] Last minute patches

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL for-2.1 0/3] Last minute patches
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 17:00:35 +0100

On 25 July 2014 15:22, Paolo Bonzini <address@hidden> wrote:
> Since Igor hasn't sent his patches, and I'm leaving the office, I pushed
> this to
>
>    git://github.com/bonzini/qemu.git tags/for-upstream-full
>
> I don't know about tests/acpi-test-data/pc.  It makes sense that this
> patch should modify something there, but:
>
> * "make check" passes
>
> * the test warns even before patch 1, for both the DSDT (modified by the
> patch) and SSDT (which this series doesn't touch at all)
>
> * I cannot get it to pass, except by blindly copying the "actual" output
> on the "expected" files
>
> * mst is on vacation and Marcel is off on Fridays
>
> Based on my understanding of the problem, it is not possible to fix the
> bug without hacks like this one, and even reverting all patches in this
> area would be more risky.

Hmm. I'm not really sure what the right thing is, so what
I'm planning to do is:
 * just apply the qemu-char fix for now
 * not tag -rc4 today
 * see if things are clearer on Monday (I see Igor has now
   sent out a patchset)
 * tag -rc4 Mon or Tues
 * slip the release date a few days (not a big deal, I think)

thanks
-- PMM