qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] qemu VGA endian swap low level drawing changes

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] qemu VGA endian swap low level drawing changes
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 23:03:34 +1000

On Wed, 2014-06-18 at 13:18 +0200, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
> The dispi interface has a versioned id too (VBE_DISPI_IDx) which we
> could use too.  Which makes sense IMO if we add the register to the
> bochs dispi registers.
>
> We could also place the register in pci config space, then indicate it
> exists by either creating it a vendor pci capability or by pci
> revision.

I'm not fan of the config space option .. I don't like vendor specific
stuff in PCI config space. I prefer adding a DISPI VBE register since
we never compile that out (despite the ifdef's being still around) do
we ?

I've tried to engage with the Bochs folks on their mailing list to make
sure they agree in principle at least but have had no reply yet.

Cheers,
Ben.