qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 0/2] GET_EMULATED_CPUID support with "allow-emulat

From: Borislav Petkov
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 0/2] GET_EMULATED_CPUID support with "allow-emulation" option
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2014 03:21:04 +0200

On Fri, Jun 06, 2014 at 12:24:26AM +0200, Alexander Graf wrote:
> But can we drop the EMULATED name somehow? Can we rename [1] the ioctl
> to say GET_UNSUPPORTED_CPUID or something along those lines? The name
> is just a really really bad pick.

What do you mean, a "bad pick" :-P? I added extra care in naming that
functionality what it is - bitfield in CPUID format of *emulated*
features. Unsupported is wrong too - we do support them if we enable
them explicitly. :-)

How about GET_NOT_REALLY_FAST_BUT_STILL_NOT_FAST_ENOUGH_AS_IN_HW_FAST_CPUID?

:-P

--
Regards/Gruss,
    Boris.

Sent from a fat crate under my desk. Formatting is fine.