qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] OS X compile fix

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] OS X compile fix
Date: Sun, 18 May 2014 12:40:28 +0100

On 18 May 2014 09:50, Andreas Färber <address@hidden> wrote:
> Am 18.05.2014 01:14, schrieb Peter Bartoli:
>> At the recommendation of Mark Cave-Ayland, I'm sending this patch in to
>> remedy a long-time Mac OS X compile issue.
>
> Define "long-time"? 2.0 compiled just fine for me on v10.5.8 with
> gcc-4.2. I see a number of deprecation and possibly-used-uninitialized
> warnings but no breakage. What OSX version and what compiler are you
> using, and what error or warning are you seeing without your patch?

Yeah, this must be only a problem on certain OSX setups -- it's
never been an issue for me on 10.8/x86_64.

That said, it looks like LONG_LONG_MAX is a pre-C99 version
and LLONG_MAX the standard macro name. We use LLONG_MAX
elsewhere (though admittedly only in a test case) so I think it makes
sense to make this change, especially if it fixes compilation on some
setups.

(This use of LONG_LONG_MAX has been in the codebase since
2006, so presumably any configs which somehow fail to provide
this macro have always failed to build without this fix...)

> Right now on qemu.git I have a different build issue: In scripts/qapi.py
> "except IOError as e" needs to be "except IOError, e". But
> block/raw-posix.c still builds fine here.

"except .. as" came in with python 2.6; we need to use the older
syntax since we must work with 2.4 still. (Compare commit
21e0043bada1 where we fixed a previous round of this.)

thanks
-- PMM