qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU build broken

From: Riku Voipio
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU build broken
Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 11:57:43 +0300

Hi,

On 8 May 2014 17:54, Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:
On 8 May 2014 15:47, Brad Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
> The following commit broke the build of QEMU..
>
> linux-user: remove configure option for setting uname release
>
> http://git.qemu.org/?p=qemu.git;a=commit;h=e586822a58b6609edb5ea929e8a4aa394d32389f
>
> http://buildbot.b1-systems.de/qemu/builders/default_openbsd_current/builds/752/steps/compile/logs/stdio
>
> /buildbot-qemu/default_openbsd_current/build/bsd-user/main.c:46:34: error:
> use of undeclared identifier 'CONFIG_UNAME_RELEASE'

Ah, bsd-user. Do you actually use it, or is it just
in the default compile that you're running?

 One year since last bsd-user specific patch, I take we need a new maintainer for bsd-user?

In this case bsd-user makes no use at all of the
qemu_uname_release variable so we should probably
just rip it out (together with the useless command
line argument that lets the user tweak it).

Agreed, this is just copypaste from linux-user.

Riku