qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Running KVM inside pure Qemu?

From: Jun Koi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Running KVM inside pure Qemu?
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 20:33:26 +0800

On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 3:05 PM, Paolo Bonzini <address@hidden> wrote:
Il 27/04/2014 04:33, Jun Koi ha scritto:

On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 4:50 PM, Paolo Bonzini <address@hidden
<mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

    Il 25/04/2014 20:13, Shehbaz Jaffer ha scritto:

        Hi,

        Are you talking about running KVM(hardware virtualization) enabled
        support on top of a Linux host running on only QEMU (software
        virtualization)? I doubt if this is nesting is possible. To be sure,
        you can check for the following flags on your host:
        cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep -e svm -e vmx

    You can run AMD KVM inside QEMU.  The default CPU model "qemu64"
    provides this capability.

oh great! do we suppport EPT, VCMS shadow yet?

No nested page tables, and VMCS shadow is only supported by Intel processors not AMD.

Oh, I always think that without EPT, it would not be possible to have nested VMX. Am I wrong here?

Thanks,
Jun