qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Running KVM inside pure Qemu?

From: Shehbaz Jaffer
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Running KVM inside pure Qemu?
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 23:43:03 +0530

Hi,

Are you talking about running KVM(hardware virtualization) enabled
support on top of a Linux host running on only QEMU (software
virtualization)? I doubt if this is nesting is possible. To be sure,
you can check for the following flags on your host:
cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep -e svm -e vmx

If even one of the two flags is enabled on the host, you can use the
KVM on top of Host running on QEMU using --enable-kvm option.

Otherwise you will get errors like : kvm-disbled while trying to run

--
Shehbaz Jaffer
MTS | Advanced Technology Group |  NetApp