qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Spice-devel] Automatic spice port selection

From: Fabio Fantoni
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Spice-devel] Automatic spice port selection
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 10:12:05 +0200

----- Mail original -----
> Il 26/03/2014 17:15, Fabio Fantoni ha scritto:
> > Time ago I have read somewhere that there is an option to
> > automatically spice port in qemu as for vnc.
> > I started to write a libxl patch to add this feature like the vnc one:
> > https://github.com/Fantu/Xen/commit/63c54f354a34e7eb27b1c69016789a372a75843c
> >

> > Testing this patch lead to a missing "to=" parameter and I didn't
> > found nothing else.
> >
> > Is there someone that can tell me that if it is possible to let qemu
> > automatically assign a spice port like for vnc?

libvirt does automatic port assignemnt for SPICE, but I think it does it 'manually' (with no support from SPICE). I don't think spice-server/qemu has magic to automatically allocate the spice port to be used.

Christophe

Thanks for reply.
Can someone add spice automatic port selection on qemu similar to vnc ones please?