qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] When are register values committed to CPUARMState

From: Gaurav Sharma
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] When are register values committed to CPUARMState
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 11:38:26 +0530

Seems, I am bit confused. So if i have to dump the target cpu registers, where would be the corresponding code to look into

On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 12:47 AM, Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:
[put qemu-devel back on CC]
On 31 March 2014 20:13, Gaurav Sharma <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 11:35 PM, Peter Maydell <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>> On 31 March 2014 18:59, Gaurav Sharma <address@hidden> wrote:
>> > I want to know, when are the register values committed to  CPUARMState
>> > structure ?
>>
>> When they need to be. Mostly we keep register values in TCG
>> globals,
>
>    >> By TCG globals here do we mean, cpu_R[] array, because if i see the
> code for a simple add, i can see source and destination values for the TCG
> ops being this array? In the init function isn't this array mapped on to
> CPUARMState ?

Yes, but...

>> which means they're held in host registers except
>> when calling helpers which might read or write globals

...as I say TCG is free to keep globals in host registers
a lot of the time and only writes values back to the
CPUARMState when it needs to.

thanks
-- PMM