qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] multihead & multiseat in qemu

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] multihead & multiseat in qemu
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 12:45:53 +0100

> > Indeed.  Patch sent to systemd-devel to get that fixed.
>
> Yes, what are the logistics of when QEMU could change without breaking things.

There aren't any explicit rules.  Also depends on the use case.  We
better should not change the default serial number for a number of
years, to not break old guests.  Making it configurable for the purpose
of tablet/monitor matching is alot less problematic I think as you need
pretty recent bits anyway to use virtio-gpu in the first place.

cheers,
  Gerd