qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Error compiling qemu from source on Ubuntu 12.10

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Error compiling qemu from source on Ubuntu 12.10
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 09:27:01 +0000

On 25 February 2014 09:19, Jobin Raju George <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 2:42 PM, Peter Maydell <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>> This looks like you didn't get qemu by cloning it from git (maybe you got
>> a tarball?). That's fine but it's not what you said you did...
>>

> Exactly! But is there a difference if I snapshot it and clone it from the
> repo?
> I took a snapshot.

If you take a snapshot then the git submodule commands won't work.
Generally we expect people will mostly either (a) take a release tarball,
which has the submodule sources included or (b) clone from git,
in which case the advice in the error message will work.

Anyway, you've got to a working compile now, but that's why you
ran into the problems you did, I think.

thanks
-- PMM