qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Error compiling qemu from source on Ubuntu 12.10

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Error compiling qemu from source on Ubuntu 12.10
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 12:24:14 +0000

On 21 February 2014 21:41, Jobin Raju George <address@hidden> wrote:
> To fix this issue:
>
> I cloned dtc from its repository and extracted the tarball to qemu/dtc/.

Why not just do the git submodule command that the error message
from configure suggests? You don't need to manually stick the tarball
into the qemu tree like this.

> The problem was qemu tries to search for dtc binaries in qemu/dtc. Even if
> you have installed dtc using sudo apt-get install device-tree-compiler, you
> will get the above error(mentioned in the question), so you probably need to
> have the binaries in qemu/dtc

(1) You need the development libraries and headers, which for
Ubuntu are in "libfdt-dev", not "device-tree-compiler".
(2) If the system libfdt isn't sufficiently new/correctly built
we won't use it (in particular it has to provide /usr/include/libfdt_env.h)

thanks
-- PMM