qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Can KVM be enabled for Ubuntu Guest on Windows Host

From: Marcus
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Can KVM be enabled for Ubuntu Guest on Windows Host
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 22:31:39 -0700

Nested virtualization will work, if the hypervisor you are using
supports passing the vmx flag in the guest.  As far as I'm aware,
VMware fusion does, but qemu on windows probably doesn't.

I once made a few code changes to allow KVM guests to work without the
need for vmx (for devcloud), but the result was practically unusable
as nested virtualization.