qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [libvirt] Looking for project ideas and mentors for Goo

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [libvirt] Looking for project ideas and mentors for Google Summer of Code 2014
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 16:58:24 +0100

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 03:22:04PM +0100, Cedric Bosdonnat wrote:
> On Fri, 2014-02-14 at 09:16 +0100, Jan Kiszka wrote:
> > > I need to submit our organization application (including our project
> > > ideas) on Friday.
> >
> > Hope it's not too late: just added the VT-d emulation proposal.
>
> It's not too late. Ideas page must be ready when students will discover
> the list of accepted organizations on Monday 24th.
>
> I'm not GSoc admin here, but on LibreOffice ;)

The project ideas list is linked from the organization application form
and Google folks have mentioned messy/incomplete project ideas lists
when giving feedback to orgs that were not accepted.

This is why it's worth having the project ideas list ready.

But Cedric is right that we can still add project ideas later.  I set
the hard deadline at March 10th when students begin applying.

Stefan