qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] osx bootloader

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] osx bootloader
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2014 22:19:57 +0100

Il 01/02/2014 01:38, BALATON Zoltan ha scritto:

I managed to boot OVMF following their wiki; It seems to work with kvm
enabled, but not with -M q35. My current command line is:

I've tried with the version compiled from the edk2 HEAD and that also
fails with -M q35. I've managed to get some debug output via the options
described in OVMF's readme file and the error is around where
initialising the graphics card. With q35 it stops with:

ASSERT .../edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseIoLibIntrinsic/IoLibGcc.c(163): (Port
& 3) == 0

This function is IoRead32 and it says the port must be 32-bit aligned.
I've tried to find what port it tries to access but qemu -d ioport
option generates no output for me. Any hints on how to use this debug
option of qemu?

The firmware has to be ported to each new chipset.

OVMF was never ported to anything but PIIX.

Paolo