qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 0/5] -object/object-add support custom location an

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 0/5] -object/object-add support custom location and 2nd stage initialization
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2014 18:33:11 +0100

Il 08/01/2014 17:51, Igor Mammedov ha scritto:

>> > Thanks Igor!  I like very much patches 1-4 (though I'm thinking that we
>> > need some style conventions for interfaces).  I think patch 5 adds more
>> > complexity than we need, but I'm open to discussion.
> I'm sorry that it took so long.
> The reason for separate interfaces is that realize interface is more generic
> and might be used outside of '-object'. While I don't see 'path' interface
> ever used outside of -object.

Yeah, I think the two interfaces are a good idea.  The question is
whether we want the second interface at all.  I think it's fine to
delegate namespace conventions to management.

Regarding the "overloading" of the realize name, I was against it in
previous discussion and I still am (I was in favor of something like
UserCreatable and naming the method "complete" or "construct"), but I
didn't want to sound too negative. :)

Paolo