qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] save compiled qemu traces.

From: Xin Tong
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] save compiled qemu traces.
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 18:41:55 -0800

tb_find_fast and tb_find_slow are finding the translated blocks based on guest physical address. I am thinking about finding tbs by content, e.g. using a hash signature. this can be used to potentially save translations.

Xin

On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 7:32 AM, Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:
On 9 December 2013 06:36, Xin Tong <address@hidden> wrote:
> Is it possible for QEMU to obviate some of the translations by attaching a
> signature (e.g. a hash) with every translated basic block and try to reuse
> translated basic block based on the signature as much as possible ? Reuses
> can be a result of rerunning programs or same libraries statically linked to
> programs.

We already cache translated results. See tb_find_fast()
and tb_find_slow() which do the lookup into the cache.

thanks
-- PMM