qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Virtual Address translation in QEMU

From: Fardin Abdi
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Virtual Address translation in QEMU
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 17:37:10 -0600

Hi,

I need to deal with all the load and store functions in ARM architecture. Basically, I want to record all the load and store instructions along with their address.

There is a TLB in QEMU that is flushed with every context switch. So, as I understand, for every data request to memory, QEMU looks up in the table to see if there is a physical translation, otherwise, it fetches the page table and translates the vritual address.

What I want to find, is the function in QEMU source code that is calling the TLb and checks wether there is a entry in the TLB or not.

I would greatly appreciate the help if anyone can give me some pointers. I am looking into an ARM architecture if that makes any difference.

Thank you,
Fardin

--
Fardin Abdi