qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL v2 00/56] QOM devices patch queue 2013-10-31

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL v2 00/56] QOM devices patch queue 2013-10-31
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2013 22:36:16 +0100

Am 03.11.2013 19:58, schrieb Peter Maydell:
> On 3 November 2013 18:52, Andreas Färber <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I believe that info is already outdated as per IRC. A patch to ossaudio
>> has been submitted to change the default away from OSS for virgin
>> ./configure. Problem is lack of /dev/dsp on some distros and
>> ossaudio.c's error handling for that case.
>
> Oh, is it just those warnings? The audio system tends to
> spew warnings if you don't have your local system's audio
> configured properly, but that has been the case for literally
> years (ie as long as I've worked with QEMU). That's not a new
> bug by any stretch of the imagination.

Having installed, updated and set up a Fedora 19 VM without /dev/dsp, I
am indeed still getting slightly different output than Anthony:

GTESTER check-qtest-arm
oss: Could not initialize DAC
oss: Failed to open `/dev/dsp'
oss: Reason: No such file or directory
oss: Could not initialize DAC
oss: Failed to open `/dev/dsp'
oss: Reason: No such file or directory
audio: Failed to create voice `lm4549.out'

repeated several times.

So it seems I was right and you too, Peter, it's just annoyingly noisy
audio output but definitely no qtest failure.

With Anthony's proposed ossaudio patch both the oss and the audio lines
get suppressed.

On openSUSE with QEMU_AUDIO_DRV=pa I am seeing:

GTESTER check-qtest-arm
pulseaudio: set_sink_input_volume() failed
pulseaudio: Reason: Invalid argument
pulseaudio: set_sink_input_mute() failed
pulseaudio: Reason: Invalid argument

repeated several times, but still no test failure, just the noise.

Meanwhile Marcel and Michael have been working on resolving the test
failures I reported. Once we have agreed on a solution there, we'll need
a v3 since mst's pull included the original version of the qom patch
with incorrect documentation syntax that would now cause silent merge
conflicts - my qom-next has the delta as follow-up fix instead.

Regards,
Andreas