qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] How to add qemu-system-$(target) as a dependency for qtests

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: [Qemu-devel] How to add qemu-system-$(target) as a dependency for qtests
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 16:07:14 +0100

I came across this little tests/Makefile annoyance:
If you modify QEMU code and then run "make check" it will not rebuild QEMU.

This can be confusing during development when you expect changing the
code and rerunning the tests to pass :).

I played with tests/Makefile but was unable to add the right
dependency.  We need something that makes all libqtest tests depend on
$(TARGET)-softmmu/qemu-system-$(TARGET) at "make check" time.

This way QEMU gets rebuilt if "make check" will execute the QEMU binary.

Any ideas?

Stefan