qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC v5 2/5] hw/arm/digic: prepare DIGIC-based boards s

From: Georg Hofstetter
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC v5 2/5] hw/arm/digic: prepare DIGIC-based boards support
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 02:13:18 +0200

Am 17.10.2013 21:17, schrieb Peter Maydell:

>>  - make sure the flash emulation supports reflashing (properties)
>>  - change qemu memory subsystem to support execution from a flash that
>>    can be reprogrammed (properties are rewritten during startup)
>>    (maybe this is already possible, but it wasn't so 6 months ago)
>
> I agree that these are probably missing features in our flash
> emulation, but aren't they orthogonal to the question of how
> we handle CPU reset and what the starting PC should be?

Hi Peter,

absolutely - this was just the whole list of behavior to be implemented
and/or emulated to get the emulator close to real hardware.
Its just something that would prevent a clean firmware boot and came to
my mind while writing about system startup.

So yeah, its a bit off topic :)

Regards,
Georg