qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] public key not found?

From: Eric Blake
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] public key not found?
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2013 10:15:34 -0600

On 09/04/2013 10:08 AM, Andreas Färber wrote:
> Am 04.09.2013 15:11, schrieb Anthony Liguori:
>> On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 6:47 AM, Michael S. Tsirkin <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> I noticed recent merges of the pci tree have this text:
>>>
>>>     # gpg: Signature made Sun 01 Sep 2013 03:15:36 AM CDT using RSA key
>>>     # ID D28D5469
>>>     # gpg: Can't check signature: public key not found
>>>
>>> Why is that?
>>
>> Because I haven't signed your key.  We'll address this at this year's KVM
>> Forum:
>>
>> http://wiki.qemu.org/KeySigningParty2013
>
> Doesn't "public key not found" rather indicate that you have not
> imported that key to your keyring yet, not even with untrusted status?
>
> Some days ago I had asked about the indicated keyserver.cryptnet.net,
> which was ping'able but not reachable via http, https, ldap or hkp.
> Today there is a Fedora Apache test page via http, but still no success
> using that server with Seahorse.
>
> Eric was said to have succeeded in uploading his key there?

If I recall, I had to upload my key by pasting it into the form on the
web-page, rather than my typical procedure of 'gpg --send-keys ...' with
a specific keyserver listing.  Don't know why the site seems to have
gone down in the meantime.

> Usually it is no problem configuring multiple key servers for you to
> obtain our (untrusted) keys to at least improve the error message. :)

In particular, a lot of the keyservers participate in a sharing setup,
so that if you put your keys on one, they will show up in others within
a few hours.  I may be showing some bias, but I like:

Web interface at http://keys.fedoraproject.org or
https://keys.fedoraproject.org
HKP (keyserver protocol) by doing "gpg --keyserver
keys.fedoraproject.org --recv-keys 0x110810E9" (just an example)

You could also put in ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf:
  keyserver hkp://keys.fedoraproject.org