qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Emulating mips

From: Rob Landley
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Emulating mips
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 00:41:03 -0500

On 07/23/2013 12:16:53 AM, Renich Bon Ciric wrote:
Hello,

I am new to this...

I'm trying to run some rom file I got from a client. It's a sc2005
processor; supposedly compatible with 4k.

Anyway, I do this:

qemu-system-mips -M mips -pflash 301-3100\ -\ user\ specified\ -\
Full.bin -serial stdio

The processor goes to 100% but I see nothing, not in the serial
console nor in the window (monitor, maybe?)

I'd appreciate some tips

I have working mips images at

http://landley.net/aboriginal/bin/system-image-mips.tar.bz2

Grab that extract it, and ./run-emulator.sh.

That should let you know what "working" looks like, and if you can dig a chroot or loopback mount out of your rom image, you can probably mount it under there and try running the binaries.

Rob