qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU option -d in_asm on i386

From: Anderson Sartor
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU option -d in_asm on i386
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 10:04:29 -0300

Thank you for your answer. It was, as you guessed, the KVM acceleration, explicity calling "-disable-kvm" did the trick and everything is working now.

Thanks again

2013/7/15 Peter Maydell <address@hidden>
On 15 July 2013 13:21, Anderson Sartor <address@hidden> wrote:
> Regarding the QEMU code present in the Android source (I tested on QEMU
> 1.1.2 as well and got the same results), I am able to get in_asm, out_asm,
> etc data with ARM and MIPS architectures. However on i386 nothing is saved
> to the log using any of the "-d" options. Why is i386 different? How can I
> get this data for x86 as well?

1.1.2 is a pretty old release of QEMU -- do you still get the
same results on something recent (eg 1.5) ?

My guess is that on x86 you are (either accidentally or deliberately)
using KVM acceleration -- the debug tracing only works for TCG
(emulated) mode, not when using KVM.

-- PMM