qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU live block-migration

From: Yaodong Yang
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU live block-migration
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2013 13:02:12 -0500

Yes, I found it in the qemu-1.5.1 and it's much clear for me now. I think I need to work on this version, other than the out-of-date version qemu-kvm-1.2.0. Thanks a lot.

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 12:29 PM, Yaodong Yang <address@hidden> wrote:
I used the qemu-kvm 1.2.0, so I did not find it in the code. I will move to the current qemu version. Thanks!

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 12:18 PM, Michael Roth <address@hidden> wrote:
Quoting Yaodong Yang (2013-07-08 10:57:25)
> Hello Michael,
>    Thanks for your help!
>    I read the function of tcp_wait_for_connect(), there is a statement; "
>    qemu_set_fd_handler2(s->fd, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL); " I guess this will
>    disable this file-descriptor from the main loop and make the current
>    execution parallel with the main loop. Is it correct?

Yup

>    Also, I did not find any thread_create related function in the
>    migrate_fd_connect() function.

What version of QEMU are you looking at? For current releases you should see
the following in migrate_fd_connect():

    qemu_thread_create(&s->thread, migration_thread, s,
                       QEMU_THREAD_JOINABLE);

--
Yaodong Yang
Computer Science and Engineering Department