qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] PVFS2 Block Driver Support

From: Timothy Scott
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] PVFS2 Block Driver Support
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 11:41:08 -0400

In testing my block driver implementation, I am receiving the following error when trying to run an orangefs protocol with a qcow2 image format:

  +Header extension too large
  +qemu-io: can't open device pvfs2:/...
  +no file open, try 'help open'

Is './check -pvfs2 -qcow2' a valid usecase in the iotests suite for specifying a qcow2 format file over the orangefs protocol?

Just want to check so I can stop chasing this error if it is the result of misusing the tests.

Thanks,
Joe Scott

On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 4:47 AM, Stefan Hajnoczi <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 10:40:23PM +0100, Alex Bligh wrote:
> --On 27 June 2013 16:53:40 +0200 Stefan Hajnoczi <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> >I realized I should give a bit more info to help you get started.
> >
> >tests/qemu-iotests/check is the script to run tests.  There are
> >currently around 55 tests which exercise operations using qemu-img(1),
> >qemu-io(1), and sometimes by running QEMU.
> >
> >You can launch it like this:
> >cd tests/qemu-iotests
> >QEMU_PROG=path/to/qemu-system-x86_64 PATH=path/to/qemu-dir:$PATH ./check
> >-qcow2
>
> This is a fantastically useful piece of information. If that's not on the
> wiki (I haven't found it), it would be really useful there. Thanks.

Good idea.  I have created a page here:
http://qemu-project.org/Documentation/QemuIoTests

Stefan

--