qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Policy for supported hosts/platforms

From: Brad Smith
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Policy for supported hosts/platforms
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2013 14:16:07 -0400

On 05/06/13 10:04 AM, Anthony Liguori wrote:

Hi,

Below is the coverage we currently have in buildbot.  It's not terribly
complete but I suspect it does reflect what people are actually testing
and care about.

In terms of policy, we should consider buildbot coverage as a
requirement for a platform/architecture to be fully supported.  Fully
supported means (1) that code will be rejected/reverted if it breaks one
of these platforms (2) breaking these platforms will be a release
blocker.

Anything that isn't fully supported is best effort only.  Note that are
some things missing from buildbot today (like an ARM host) that there is
strong interest in having as a fully supported platform.

Host OS
-------

Solaris 11 (offline since 2011)

IMO having an active Solaris buildslave is fairly important.

OpenBSD 4.9

It is labelled as 4.9 but it was upgraded to 5.2 awhile ago and I had asked Gerd if he could upgrade it to 5.3 when he has the time.

In addition to the FreeBSD buildslaves mentioned by Ed it would be nice
to have a NetBSD 6.1 buildslave.

believed to be clean.