qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [SeaBIOS] KVM call agenda for 2013-05-28

From: Kevin O'Connor
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [SeaBIOS] KVM call agenda for 2013-05-28
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 23:41:39 -0400

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 10:13:34AM +0200, Peter Stuge wrote:
> Kevin O'Connor wrote:
> > one possible way forward would be to split the current SeaBIOS rom
> > into two roms: "qvmloader" and "seabios".  The "qvmloader" would do
> > the qemu specific platform init (pci init, smm init, mtrr init, bios
> > tables) and then load and run the regular seabios rom.
>
> qvmloader sounds a lot like coreboot.

Agreed.  I don't much like the qvmloader idea.  I did want to open up
discussion on the possibility, however.  The only advantage it has
over coreboot is that it could reasonably live in the qemu repo, and I
do think that the hardware descriptions should like in the same code
repo as the hardware implementation.

-Kevin