qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Incorrect handling of PPC64 rldcl insn

From: Torbjorn Granlund
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Incorrect handling of PPC64 rldcl insn
Date: Mon, 06 May 2013 20:13:33 +0200

Alexander Graf <address@hidden> writes:

  Thanks a lot for the bug report and test case! Please CC qemu-ppc
  whenever you find issues or have patches for PPC. That makes filtering
  for important mails a lot easier.

Would that make my complaints be considered more or less important?  :-)

  Does the patch below fix the issue for you?

It indeed does.  (I actually tried that already, but I cannot follow the
data flow into these functions, so cannot tell if that patch is
sufficient.  This bug indicates complete non-testing status of these
insns, which are mainstream enough to be generated by gcc.  I suppose
there will likely be more such fundamental errors if more instructions
are also completely untested.)

--
Torbjörn