qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL v4 08/11] rdma: core logic

From: Michael R. Hines
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL v4 08/11] rdma: core logic
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 20:35:38 -0400

From: "Michael R. Hines" <address@hidden>

Code that does need to be visible is kept
well contained inside this file and this is the only
new additional file to the entire patch - good
progress.

This file includes the entire protocol and interfaces
required to perform RDMA migration.

Also, the configure and Makefile modifications to link
this file are included.

Full documentation is in docs/rdma.txt
Which doesn't appear until later in the series?  If a git bisect lands
on this patch, I have to go out of my way to find the later commit that
adds the docs.

I personally like series that put the docs FIRST.  On initial review,
that gives the docs a chance for a clean-room review untainted by the
implementation choices; and leaves the docs fresh in reviewers' minds
during the rest of the series to validate that the implementation
matches docs.  On later review (such as git bisect landing here), it
means the docs are in-tree for any other commit that references them.
If it were me, I'd rebase things to put docs in patch 1 on the v5 series.

No problem. Will do.