qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Fwd: Re: Raspberry ARM with 32-bit guest

From: Benito
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Fwd: Re: Raspberry ARM with 32-bit guest
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2013 16:06:11 +0200

Ok , I do have a qemu-system-i386 :

address@hidden / $ qemu-system-i386 --version
QEMU emulator version 1.1.2 (Debian 1.1.2+dfsg-6a), Copyright (c) 2003-2008 Fabrice Bellard

My intention is to run an old application , that used to run on FedoraCore2,also a modified version of the app runs on Centos 5.1/6.3 also Fedora 14 .
The problem lies with glibc. The glibc in newer kernels  , is backwards compatible up to a certain point, but not far enough. The version I require is GLIBC.2.0
also, the app never ran on debian , always fedora/Red hat and Centos  , hence the emulation of i386 on ARM. So it requires ld-linux.so.2 , libc.so.6 and so on.

The RPM Package for glibc-2.12.90-1mgc25.i686.rpm , is the package for fc14. - in the /lib directory of FC14 :

address@hidden lib]# ls -al libc.so.6
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 15 Oct 22  2010 libc.so.6 -> libc-2.12.90.so

Now there are only a few of these libraries, like /lib/ld-linux.so.2  /lib/libm.so.6 that are needed to run.
Do you mean there's a possibility that I'd be able to run the libraries, via the qemu-i386  and
manage to get the app working? Also should i try and use qemu-system-i386 and try it the same way I did with only qemu?

I have a Model B pi, 512 MB RAM ,Disk space : rootfs          3.6G  2.0G  1.5G  57% /  (the puppy iso is 130 MB , the centos one is +- 300 ) This should suffice right ?

Thank you so much for your response
Regards

Hi,