qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Qemu Timer Interrupts !

From: Muhammad Nouman
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Qemu Timer Interrupts !
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 16:00:08 +0500

Hi ! I am trying to emulate Cavium Octeon's Mips64 linux on Qemu.While the kernel is loading, Qemu is sending interrupts which the kernel is not able to acknowledge.This interrupt is coming from the three timers of Qemu.

    qemu_run_timers(vm_clock);
    qemu_run_timers(rt_clock);
    qemu_run_timers(host_clock);

These functions are continuously been executed and calling the function
       qemu_irq_raise();

which sends the interrupt to linux kernel and the kernel gets the errors while handling these interrupts.
I want to ask that would it be ok if i comment this function written in the above mentioned three timer functions so that kernel doesn't gets particular spurious interrupt?.

Thanks