qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Block I/O optimizations

From: Abel Gordon
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Block I/O optimizations
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 11:36:46 +0300

address@hidden wrote on 03/03/2013 11:35:27
AM:

> > Also, I wonder if you have time to do a presentation/discussion session
> > so we can get the ball rolling and more people exposed to your
approach.
> > There is a weekly QEMU Community Call which we can use as the forum.
>
> Sure. I'll send you a separate email to schedule the
> presentation/discussion.

We just posted a technical report that describes the design and evaluation
of the work we did to improve virtual net/block I/O scalability and
performance based on vhost and hosting multiple KVM guests.
You can find the report here: http://goo.gl/RKppy

(full link:
http://domino.research.ibm.com/library/cyberdig.nsf/1e4115aea78b6e7c85256b360066f0d4/479e3578ed05bfac85257b4200427735!OpenDocument&Highlight=0,h-0319
)

I can present this work in the next QEMU community call.

Regards,
Abel.