qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] selecting a sparc framebuffer from command line

From: Artyom Tarasenko
Subject: [Qemu-devel] selecting a sparc framebuffer from command line
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 12:13:32 +0100

It looks like we will have more framebuffers beside TCX in the near future.
One way to use them would be to make new machines combining a base
machine name with a framebuffer name, like ss5tcx and ss5cg3, but I
guess this would produce too many machines if we have more than 2
framebuffers.

Should the "-vga" option be (mis)used for selecting a framebuffer?
They are not called "VGA" in the wild, but maybe the name VGA is
obvious enough for a modern user? After all there is already a "-hda"
option in the SPARCStation-5 emulation command line, although in the
non-emulating world no one calls scsi disk "hda".

Or should an architecture-specific option, like -framebuffer be added?

--
Regards,
Artyom Tarasenko

Linux/sparc and solaris/sparc under qemu blog:
http://tyom.blogspot.com/search/label/qemu