qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-stable] [SeaBIOS] problems with freeBSD

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-stable] [SeaBIOS] problems with freeBSD
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 23:03:04 +0800

On 7 March 2013 19:56, Gerd Hoffmann <address@hidden> wrote:

>> We don't even ship any upstream blobs in the debian qemu _source_
>> package: we repack upstream qemu.tar.gz by removing these blobs.
>
> That's a bit over the top for my taste as the release tarballs include
> both source and blobs.

qemu-linaro's source tarballs (and indeed git tree) drops the
blobs as well. I didn't want to have to deal with the issues
of making sure the sources were present and matched the blobs.

In general having blobs in our allegedly source tarball is pretty
ugly. Either it's a source release or it isn't. We can do a
release-of-blobs tarball too if we want, but it doesn't need
to be in the source tarball and it doesn't need to be in git
either IMHO.

-- PMM