qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] GTK UI is now the default

From: Daniel P. Berrange
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] GTK UI is now the default
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 10:36:53 +0000

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 11:12:35AM +0100, Laurent Desnogues wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 12:04 AM, Anthony Liguori <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > Since this is a pretty visible change for a lot of people, I thought I'd
> > send a top level note.  The GTK UI is now committed and is the default
> > UI provided it's available.
> >
> > For anyone counting, it's been a little more than 7 years in the making:
> >
> > http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.qemu/9726
> >
> > If you want to try it, make sure you have the gtk-2.0 development
> > packages installed and the VTE development packages.
>
> It looks like gtk_widget_get_window isn't available in all gtk 2 versions,
> at least it's not in the gtk2 2.10 on my CentOS 5.6 system.

The docs say since 2.14

http://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/GtkWidget.html#gtk-widget-get-window

IIRC before that you could simply refernece  widget->window directly.
So you could probably try adding something like this:

  #if ! GTK_CHECK_VERSION(2, 14, 0)
  #define gtk_widget_get_window(w) (w)->window
  #endif

and see if that fixes your build.

Daniel