qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] how to ues qemu -sd option?

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] how to ues qemu -sd option?
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 10:32:25 +0100

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 07:08:28PM +0800, Weng Fan wrote:
> Hi all:
> I want to use the qemu's -sd option to  emulate a sd card, so that I
> can get more free space.
> When I use the command "qemu-system-ppc -M mpc8544ds -kernel uImage
> -initrd initrd.img
> -append "root=/dev/ram rdinit=/linuxrc" -nographic -sd sd.img" to
> start the kernel image, I can't
> find any device like mmcblk in the /dev .
>
> Any ideas how to get this work?

Check "info qtree" in the QEMU monitor and the OpenFirmware device tree
inside the guest to confirm that there is a SD card device.

I think a common problem with -sd is that your machine type may have no
SD card device.  You may need to add one (how to do that probably
depends on the machine type too).

Stefan