qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] New Message-id field in commits

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: [Qemu-devel] New Message-id field in commits
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 09:19:12 -0600

Hi,

You may notice that a new tag is being added to patches that I commit
that includes the Message-ID of the mail.  I'm added this for two
reasons.  It's a useful way to have a link between a commit and a
mailing list post (so you can quickly find discussion about a commit).
Having this field also allows me to provide more accurate commit
notification since the current mechanism is based entirely on
heuristics.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori