qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL for-1.4 v2] Memory API ioport cleanups

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL for-1.4 v2] Memory API ioport cleanups
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 11:12:45 +0000

On 16 January 2013 00:35, Anthony Liguori <address@hidden> wrote:
> Andreas Färber <address@hidden> writes:
>> Or how would I generate 0/M from my bash script? git-request-pull
>> doesn't really fit into the "blurb" of a regular cover letter, coming
>> with its own stats, so that I generate the mail headers by script.
>
> I don't send pull requests so I'm the wrong person to ask.  Peter/Stefan, how
> do ya'll do it?

My script is http://people.linaro.org/~pmaydell/make-pullreq
Most of that is sanity checking, but the actual emails I generate by
doing a 'git format-patch --cover-letter', mangling the generated cover
letter a bit with sed to remove the duplicate set of stats, and then
appending the output of git-request-pull. I then edit the cover letter
by hand as needed for the specific pull.

-- PMM