qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Performance of usb tablet over ehci

From: Hao Luo
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Performance of usb tablet over ehci
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 01:48:22 +0800

Gerd,

Thanks very much.

I tried to install usb 3.0 driver in win7 guest, and the cpu load decreased to about 9%, as much as PS2 mouse emulation.

BTW, there are >90 fds polled by qemu_iohandler_poll(). According to the perf profiling report, when uhci hid mouse is enabled, this function will be called much more frequently than using PS2 mouse. Any source code or functions I should refer to so that I can find out which fds take most of CPU time?

2012-12-20

Hao Luo