qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-ppc] Qemu boot device precedence over nvram boot-

From: Nikunj A Dadhania
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-ppc] Qemu boot device precedence over nvram boot-device setting
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2012 10:15:35 +0530

On Thu, 4 Oct 2012 14:37:22 +0200, Alexander Graf <address@hidden> wrote:

> >> So you want to replace one broken scheme with another broken scheme? :)
> >
> > Ha ha, actually we hit this issue in some different context with respect to
> > nvram boot-device which I mentioned in [1]. The patch is a workaround for
> > that issue only.
>
> Seriously, just ignore -boot for now. It'd be a lot more useful to get
> bootindex working.

I understand your point here. Adding bootindex feature is desirable, I
agree to that. While, in the particular use case, we just need to know
that -boot was not provided (and some vague default "cad" is provided,
which can actually be a user passed parameter as well) and rest can be
handled by the firmware.

Regards,
Nikunj