qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] MIPS DSP for Qemu

From: reed kotler
Subject: [Qemu-devel] MIPS DSP for Qemu
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 14:37:16 -0700

I work for Mips in the compiler team.

A year and half ago, I did a complete implementation  for Mips DSP in Qemu.
My port has passed all the MIPS AVPs (Architectural Verification Programs) for DSP, which is something not available to the public but is what all architectural licenses and internal groups are required to pass.

In addition, my port implements DSP micro-mips.

When I finished my port I handed it over to our simulation team to push upstream and they never got around to doing it. We have several new Mips computers that have been developed in that time and they were busy with those projects.

It was about to get finally pushed upstream and then this new port appeared.

I would like to still submit our patches .

Please advise.

Out port is complete and already tested to a level which would be difficult for someone else to do that does not have access to our AVP test suite.

Reed