qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-kvm: remove "boot=on|off" drive parameter compatib

From: Serge Hallyn
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-kvm: remove "boot=on|off" drive parameter compatibility (fwd)
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 11:50:42 -0500

Quoting Peter Maydell (address@hidden):
> On 1 October 2012 15:15, Serge Hallyn <address@hidden> wrote:
> > We (Ubuntu) plan to switch to qemu in the next release which opens in
> > November.  I suppose there's likely to be a hiccough or two, but I can't
> > think of any offhand.
>
> Are you planning to do that for all CPU target architectures, or
> to maintain the current split between x86 and everything-else ?
>
> -- PMM

I'll have to talk to qemu-linaro folks about that.  I don't mind carrying
patchsets (that are headed upstream) to enable some chipsets if that's
what's needed to consolidate the source trees.  The bigger question
relates to main vs universe.  For instance qemu-system is built against
vde2, and qemu-kvm-spice against spice, both of which are in universe.
I understand the distinction may change or disappear soon, so this may
not be an issue.

I intend to schedule a session on this at UDS.

-serge