qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] ARM Cortex-R4 support ?

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] ARM Cortex-R4 support ?
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 19:05:29 +0200

Hello Giancarlo,

Am 21.09.2012 17:15, schrieb Giancarlo ASNAGHI:
> Do you know which is the status of the support for Cortex-R4 support? I've
> seen an initial set of patches from Andreas Farber one years ago, but into
> the qemu-system-arm the Cortex-R4 ins't available yet.

That's true. As a consequence of my patches we redesigned several parts
of ARM CPU modelling to facilitate this. My patches were not yet rebased
onto that. A new QOM type derived from TYPE_ARM_CPU would need to be
created now, to initialize the registers imperatively rather than
declaratively. I might manage that quickly.

Note that my published patches only took care of CPUID, FPU and a few
others to instantiate the -cpu cortex-r4 at all.

Where I got stuck was reading through the ARMv7 TRM differences between
VMSA and PMSA (chapters B3 and B4 respectively) to implement PMSA,
pointed out by Peter. And there were also some floating point width
differences to ARMv7-A (VFPv3-D16 vs. VFPv3-S32 or so).
Neither is a small patch that I can supply short-term, maybe your
colleagues can help with those parts once I've refreshed my patches?
Cédric has worked on the FPU before, cc'ing.

Regards,
Andreas