qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Shifts, ppc[64], xtensa

From: Richard Henderson
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Shifts, ppc[64], xtensa
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 10:30:04 -0700

On 09/19/2012 10:11 AM, Peter Maydell wrote:
> Can you elaborate? If we're emitting a native branch insn
> and we're potentially changing the value in memory several
> times during retranslate I would have thought it still applied.

For brcond, we always apply the relocation before we ever try to execute the TB.

For goto_tb, we expect the contents of the patch to contain valid insns from the
start.  We never apply a "null" relocation there.  Perhaps this should be
considerd
a bug in cpu_gen_code, but that's where we are.

I'm frankly surprised this ever works on ARM...

r~