qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qcow2: online snasphots : internal vs external ?

From: Alexandre DERUMIER
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qcow2: online snasphots : internal vs external ?
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 19:06:02 +0200 (CEST)

Thank Stefan,that's clear now.

Maybe one more question, about qemu snapshot that I don't understand.

I work since many years with snapshot on zfs or netapp,
and on these system like ceph, I can rollback at the time of the snapshot, and
have a view of when the snapshot was taken.

exemple :
image1 : empty dir /
take a snapshot (snap1)
touch /file1
now rollback to snap1
ls /   ->empty dir, like when snap1 was taken

now,example with qemu:
image1 : empty dir /
take a snapshot: (qemu-img snapshot -c snap1 image1)
touch /file1
now rollback to snap1 (qemu-img snapshot -a snap1 image1)
ls /file1

the behaviour is completly different. Did I miss something ?